My FAVORITE recipes have less than 5 ingredients! As i’ve stated before, the less ingredients the more inclined the recipe is to be CLEAN and EASY. I’ve given up sugar for 40 days. Desserts are my one true weakness so giving up refined sugar always proves difficult. I’m able to sustain by finding substitutes for sugar overall, mainly with natural fruits. I eat a lot of bananas,and in the most creative ways I can think of. During these 40 days bananas and dried fruits have to scratch the almost daily itch. Below is an example of taking advantage of natural sugars for the greater good of my sweet tooth.
I found a base recipe for sugarless cookies on Pinterest and added a bit of my own flare. This took maybe a half hour start to finish.
- 1 cup of rolled or quick oats
- 1.5 ripe bananas
- dash of nutmeg (or cinnamon)
- 5-6 dates (or handful of raisins)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Mash the ripe bananas
- chop the dates into raisin sized bits
- mix all the ingredients well
- If the mix seems too wet add a handful more of oats
- use your hands or a spoon to create mounds of mixture (about 16)
- placing about an inch apart on parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the edges are brown – u will smell them, so keep an eye on them
- Cool, eat & SHARE!
Store these in the refrigerator.