Gingerbread Everything! Is my motto during the holiday season. Also, it’s the only time adding icing or frosting to everything seems acceptable. I created these amazing Peanut Butter – Gingerbread cookie sandwiches to set off the season. The warm spices pair gorgeously with the light nutty peanut butter flavor. The icing filling will easily become your favorite PB go-to for all things merry and bright.
What you need
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons The Only French Toast Seasoning You’ll Ever Need ™
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- ½ cup Peanut Butter & Co. Simply Smooth
- 1/4 cup white sugar (for rolling)
Cookie Icing Filling
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese – room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter – room temperature
- 1/3 cup peanut Butter & Co. Simply Smooth
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or The Only French Toast Seasoning You’ll Ever Need
Baking sheet & parchment paper
What to do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, ground ginger, baking soda, The Only French Toast Seasoning You’ll Ever Need, ground cloves, ground nutmeg and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- Using mixer cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Next, mix in the egg, molasses and Peanut Butter & Co. Simply Smooth. Slowly blend flour mixture into butter mixture until well mixed.
- Shape dough into one-inch balls and roll through the white sugar.
- Place the cookie balls onto parchment covered baking sheets one inch apart and bake for 13 minutes. Let the cookies cool before adding icing and making sandwiches.
- While the cookies cool, make the icing! In a medium bowl, add the cream cheese and butter and blend until smooth.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar, spice and mix until combined.
- Next add the Peanut Butter & Co. Simply Smooth and blend until the consistency is smooth.
- Once the cookies are cool, scoop about 1 tablespoon of icing onto cookies to make cookie sandwiches.
The Only French Toast Seasoning You’ll Ever Need ™