So I love to snack, but I have conditioned myself not to while working or even relaxing with my favorite tacky TV shows. On the occasion I see fit to indulge, popcorn is at the top of the savory list. As much as I enjoy popcorn, the prepackaged microwave choices should not be an option. Even the color of “butter flavor” is unnatural. So of course I sought out a healthy alternative and you have to believe, my way TASTES better. ohhh AND It’s A LOT less difficult than you may imagine. I know previous to actually attempting stovetop popcorn I somehow imagined horrific grease burns and scorched oven mitts birthed from flaming kernels.
- In a sauce pan (i use a metal wok) pour enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Turn the heat to medium
- Once the oil is heated pour in 1/4 cup of kernels into the oil, shake the pan to coat
- Turn the heat up to medium high
- Place the top on the pan, and begin to SHAKE!
- Continue to shake the pan ever 15 seconds or so
- Shake until popping slows
- Remove from fire and add the SPICES
You will need:
- Olive Oil
- Popcorn kernels
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
Experiment with your favorite spices – but this has become my GO TO!!!