I love bold spice, and I love my friends and I’m extra particular about both. Happily, this post contains the best of each world. Lokal Artisan Foods is a brand created by a high school friend and I was able to test the famous french toast spice before it was in package. Immediately I was a fan, finally – a product I could purchase to show support but actually use daily.
I bake and Lokal Artisan Foods French Toast Spice (The Only French Toast Seasoning You’ll Ever Need) isn’t just for french toast. In fact, I rarely cook french toast (I’m a pancake girl) but I use this spice for almost every other kind of dessert preparation. Below are a few of my favorite simple uses for snacks & desserts on the healthier side.
Berta Baked Apples
- 1 granny smith apple
- 1 brown sugar
- pinch of coarse sea salt
- 1 TBS of cinnamon or (The only French toast seasoning you’ll ever need™)
- Grated ginger
What to do
Preheat the oven to 375.
- Cut the top and bottom off the apple so that the apple will sit flat on a baking sheet.
- Place the apple on the baking sheet and top with as much grated ginger as you like.
- Next, add the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until sides of apple are soft to touch, sugar should be caramelized on top.
- Add a pinch of salt and eat!
Cinnamon toast pop
- ½ cup popcorn kernels
- 2 olive oil
- 1 French toast season The Only French Toast Seasoning You’ll Ever Need
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
What to do
- Add the olive oil to a large pot.
- On a stovetop turn the flame to high to heat the oil, this should take about 60 seconds.
- Once you see ripples in the oil, add the popcorn kernels to the heated oil. Be sure the kernels are coated, swirling the pot if need be, then place the lid on the pot.
- After about 30 seconds turn the flame down to medium. The Kernels should start to pop after about 30 more seconds.
- Once the kernels begin to pop, carefully shake the lidded pot back and forth to stir the kernels. Place the pot back on the fire and continue to shake every 15 seconds or so.
- Once the kernels slow to pop, pay close attention and once the pops slow to 1 or 2 a second remove from heat.
- Carefully take the lid off the pot. Once the steam has lifted, add the desired seasoning! Toss the popcorn in the pot to coat well.
Portion into 5 equal shares and store in air-tight containers or ziplock baggies for daily snacking.
Find more delicious snacking Recipes in Tabbalicious – Indulgent Meal Prep Guide