Congratulations – WE DID IT! Somehow we have all made it to the new year. We have survived a year like never before. 2020 has not been easy, and 2021 is uncertain, here is a short list of things you can CHOOSE to do daily to enhance your chances of starting and surviving the new year happily. *Remember – happy is a CHOICE.
Daily Self Care
- Wake up with a grateful thought: Each morning think about a small or big GOOD thing that happened the day before or what you’re looking forward to in the day ahead.
- Eat something fresh daily: Think fun, like fruity smoothies, bowls, nice cream, ginger lemonade.
- Read something happy or positive daily: Think about using social media for good, archived happy memorys and posts, and google relevant daily affirmations. (or download TabbApp to do it for you!)
- Make a sleep schedule, and stick to it: I feel my best with 8 hours guaranteed. Each day requires a well-rested you.
- Exercise: At the very least dedicate 10 minutes to stretching each day. Or, set a goal for steps per day or 30 minutes of some sort of cardio daily. Think: going for a walk or choosing to take the steps instead.
*Call yourself out: recognize when your making excuses, more importantly – explore WHY those excuses are more important to your goals.