3 Ingredients, all the flavor.
I am in a constant struggle with sugar, good and bad. I can avoid processed sugars for the most part, but sugary natural fruits call to me. Most of my favorites are high in carbs and full of delicious sugars. I’m in the process of approaching a keto-friendly lifestyle and I’m learning all sorts of things. While a keto diet may not be my thing I can certainly take advantage of the ideas behind the lifestyle.
Apparently, you can indulge in all sorts of berries and more fleshy fruits. Kiwi is a fleshy fruit and that is what brings me to this post. I work out hard and I eat very consciously, but I will never relinquish the need for dessert. Mainly because I enjoy it and I certainly think I deserve it. I came across a good idea, that is not only easy but tasty. In moderation, you won’t need one or 2 of these slices to sedate your sugar cravings.
- 2 large kiwis
- 1.5 cups dark chocolate chips (use Lily’s no sugar chocolate chips for true keto)
- 2 tbs Coconut oil
- Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Peel kiwis and slice into rounds. You should get about 6-7 slices from each kiwi. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate. There are many different ways to do this but the easiest way I’ve found is with hot water and a metal bowl. Set a pot of water to simmer and place a bowl over the mouth of the pot and dump the chips and oil into the bowl, the chips will start to melt immediately. The coconut oil will help to smooth out the chocolate. Make sure you are holding the bowl with a potholder (it will be hot!) and use a rubber spatula to stir until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Next place parchment paper or foil on a baking sheet. Dip the kiwi slices into the melted chocolate and lay them on the baking sheet and sprinkle with salt if desired.
- Freeze for at least 20 minutes and enjoy!
Store in the freezer in air-tight containers or ziplock bags.